- Get your entries in now for the 2007 Prize Prediction Competition
Please post your entries in the comments thread below by 2359 GMT on January 3rd 2007. PLEASE DO NOT USE this thread for comments on the questions – instead use the previous threads.
On Christmas Day 2007 who will be…? (50 points for each correct answer except where stated)
1. Prime Minister (bonus of 150 points for correct answers that are not Gordon Brown)
2. Leader of the Opposition
3. Leader of the Liberal Democrats
4. Deputy Leader of the Labour Party
5. Chancellor of the Exchequer
6. President of France (100 points)
7. Scotland’s First Minister
8. Leader based on average of the three latest polls in race for the Democratic nomination (100 points)
9. Leader based on average of the three latest polls in race for the Republican nomination (100 points)
For how many days during 2007 will…? (100 points for correct answers declining by one point per day out until zero. For things you think are not going to change enter 365 days)
10. Tony Blair serve as PM
11. Ming Campbell serve as Lib Dem Leader
12. David Cameron serve as Tory Leader
13. Lembit Opik serve as LD party spokesman on Wales and Northern Ireland
14. The “Cash for Honours” investigation continue without any current members of the House of Commons or the House of Lords being charged
15. The Conservative Party candidate “A-List” continue in its current form
What increase/decrease in the monthly Guardian ICM poll will there be for…? (50 points for accurate answers reducing by ten points for each 1% out until zero points are reached)
16. Labour, compared with an average of the party’s ratings for the previous three months, when the new leader takes over the office
17. Labour in the third month after the new leader has taken over compared with the first month.
What will the Guardian ICM Poll reports as.. (50 points for accurate answers reducing by ten points for each 1% out until zero points are reached)
18. The Tories highest rating during the year
19. The Tories lowest rating during the year
20. The LDs highest rating during the year
21. The LDs lowest rating during the year
Seat losses and gains in the May 3rd elections. (For the Scottish and Welsh Parliaments 50 points for each correct answer reducing by 10 points for each seat out. For the council election 75 points for each correct answer reducing by one point for each seat out)
22. Net SNP seats won/lost for the Scottish Parliament
23. Net PC seats won/lost for the Welsh Assembly
24. Net Labour seats won/lost for the Scottish Parliament
25. Net Labour seats won/lost for the Welsh Assembly
26. Net Labour seats won/lost for the local elections
27. Net Lib Dem seats won/lost for the local elections
Please copy and paste Comment 1 as your entry form.
Best of luck and a happy New Year. As well as the honour the winner will receive a prize.
TECHNICAL PROBLEMS: Sorry for the down-time yesterday and thanks to Matthew Durkin for his advice in helping to fix the display problem for Internet Explorer users. All seems to have been resolved – fingers crossed.